Suitability of Nepalese Workers for Foreign Employment
Nepal is one such country where more than two-third of the land is covered by mountains and Himalayas. 9 out of 10 tallest mountains on Earth including the tallest peak of the world ‘The Mount Everest’ lies in Nepal. With a population of approx 25 million and less than 30 percent of cultivable land, about 70 percent of the total population makes their living through remittance money generated through overseas employment. Therefore, overseas employment, not being an option, has become the mainstream income for survival of majority Nepalese people for more than a decade. Nepal is considered as one reliable source for foreign labour in South East Asia.
Name and Fame of Nepalese Workers in Overseas Employment Market
Briefly highlighting the name and fame of Nepalese workers, allow us to throw some light into their milestone achievements earned in overseas employment market through decades of hard work. Nepalese, widely known as Gurkhas, are known for centuries for their bravery, loyalty, honesty and tenacity. Nepalese are still predominantly working with wide business segments from Middle East & GCC Regions. It is widely perceived that Gurkhas are hard working and unbeatable and unquestionably a choice among employers.
Some business segments popularly occupied by Nepalese workers are: Hospitality, Construction, Protection/Security, Manufacturing & Packing, Airlines?Airports & Logistics. Nepalese workers have proved to be resilient and worthy of trust and the feedbacks from the Employers so far, are commendable and demands for Nepalese workers is constantly increasing.
Why Recruit From Nepal?
Over the past few years a growing number of employers from overseas countries are directing their attention to Nepal for recruitment of manpower to cope with the increasing requirement of workforce. The following are the lucrative advantages to hire Nepalese workers:
- 1. All categories of workers - professionals, skilled, semi skilled and unskilled workers almost in all fields are readily available for immediate placement.
- 2. Nepalese workers are laborious and sustain their working capability even in the most arduous conditions. During the last two Great World Wars, Nepalese have proven their ability to adapt to even the most hostile environment and climatic conditions in any part of the world.
- 3. Nepalese workers discharge their duties relentlessly, without any hitch and without any kind of discontent.
- 4. It is more viable to recruit Nepalese workers in terms of recruitment costs and remuneration payable to workers from the perspective of clients.
- 5. Nepalese are peace loving, simple-minded, dedicated and extremely loyal to their employers having high sense of responsibilities and discipline and therefore able to discharge their duties accordingly.
A. GOOD CHARACTERS: Nepalese have been known for hard labor, loyalty, peace living, devotes to their duty and high sense of responsibility and discipline.
B. WIDER CHOICE: We have wider choice due to availability of skilled, semi-skilled and un-skilled workers almost in all fields who are readily available for immediate placement.
C. SIMPLE PROCEDURES: Procedures and formalities for recruiting Nepalese workers for overseas employment are simple.
D. COST EFFECTIVE: Nepalese workers are comparatively more cost effective and their hiring cost is lower as compared to other labour exporting countries.
E. ADJUSTABLE: Nepalese workers are experienced in working & easily adjustable in any conditions
- Therefore Nepalese workers are the right asset to the employers.